Signature Dish: Peppadew Houmous
[box]This is a Signature Dish competition entry by mark. I love that this recipe doesn’t contain tahini, and instead relies on the sweet taste of Peppadew peppers. Delicious! – Matt[/box]
I love houmous. I eat it on toast, in my sandwiches for college, as a nibble before dinner and sometimes even for breakfast. This love meant we always used to run out, so I started badgering my wife to make me some. She got very upset with the amount of olive oil required in the recipes, and the fact that we never have any tahini.
This recipe has evolved over the last year and I love it! Best of all it can be made in the same time it takes for the toaster to go pop! Enjoy!
- 1 Tin of chick peas in salted water (drained)
- 1 Clove of garlic
- 1 Teaspoon of lemon juice
- 3 Sweet piqunate peppers (Peppadews)
- 3 Tablespoons of the piquante pepper juice (for a smoother consistency try 4)
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil
- 4 Twists of a black pepper grinder
Put all of the ingredients in a blender.
Serve in a posh dish to serve as a dip before dinner, or straight onto your waiting toast!