Belly pork with apple
This is a lovely autumnal casserole – serve with a mountain of mashed potato and some buttered cabbage in front of a roaring fire.
- 8 rashers of belly pork (2 per person)
- a little butter for frying
- 1 medium onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and sliced quite thinly
- ½ pint dry cider or apple juice
- ½ tsp sage
- salt and pepper
- small carton of single cream
Fry pork in frying pan with butter until browned.
Put the sliced onions in casserole dish, top with apples and lay pork on top. Sprinkle over sage and salt and pepper. Pour over cider or juice and bake at gas 5 / 190°C for 1 ¼ hours.
Check the liquid level and top up with a little more cider, juice or water if required.
Cook for a further 30 minutes. Stir through cream, warm through and serve with mashed potato to mop up the delicious sauce.
Signature Dish: Cockle & Artichoke Risotto with Lemon Thyme Pork Tenderloin
Char siu pork with homemade marinade
Signature Dish: Creamy Apple Chicken
Pork wonton soup