When I was in Brixham a fortnight ago I had lunch in the Treasury, one street back from the harbour. My choice, a current passion, hummus with sun-dried tomatoes, Greek bread, black and green olives in olive oil and a small salad with balsamic vinegar dressing.
Since then I have resurrected the experience, and it is so simple!
Makes enough for 1 large jar
- 1 tin chickpeas, blended or mashed by hand
- 2 lemons, juice of, or bottled lemon juice is fine
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed, more if you love garlic
- 12 drops sesame oil, or some tahini paste
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil, it is high in omegas and doesn’t dominate the dish or cost a lot
- salt and pepper
Juggle around with the ingredients until you get a creamy dip that suits your taste. Thin with a little water if necessary. It will keep covered for several days in the fridge.
If you would like to see my recipe for sun-dried tomatoes then please click here!
Easy Falafel with Homemade Hummous
Homemade Spinach Pasta
Homemade pizza dough